Rafael Nadal has confirmed that he will travel to London later this month with the intention of fighting at Wimbledon as he continues to pursue Grand Slams this season.
Nadal has recently been training after receiving a high frequency ablation treatment on her feet at a press conference at the Mallorca Country Club, the venue for the ATP250 event next week.
He states: “I will play at Wimbledon if I have a chance. This week’s feelings tell me that I have a chance. My intention is to travel there. If things don’t go as expected over time , You can see what will happen. “
Earlier this month, Nadal won his 14th title at the French Open, setting his highest Grand Slam record in men’s history to 22. Open, Nadal revealed at a post-match press conference that he was competing with his foot under anesthesia to paralyze his pain with the help of a doctor.
Nadal suffered pain when his foot awoke from a nerve injection for several days after the French Open, but there have been positive developments since his procedure and how it progresses the next week of preparation. Say wait to see.
“What I did twice in Barcelona isn’t 100% immediate, but the changes are noticeable,” Nadal said. “I noticed them. To be honest, the sensations are a bit strange. The joint pain that I couldn’t support was alleviated.”
“With this treatment, one part of the foot may be paralyzed and another part may be paralyzed. [part] You may have cramps in your legs, which seems normal. Apparently, after a few weeks the nerves will be reorganized and expect everything to be fine when this is reorganized. “
This season, the 20th in Nadaru’s career, is the first time in his life that he has won the first two Grand Slam tournaments of the year. Nadal won the Australian Open in his first major tournament after a long layoff for his feet, but after starting 20-0, he suffered a rib fracture and was the first in the clay season. I was forced to withdraw from the week. Nadal won the French Open earlier this month, despite having a lot of foot problems.
Nadal will be attending the Hurlingham Exhibition event in London next week, as he did last year, before Wimbledon begins on June 27th. “If all goes well, we have a week of training left in London,” Nadal said. “If I can complete it, I want to be competitive. Grass is a very difficult surface, and as in my case, if I haven’t played for years, any round It’s also difficult. The start of the tournament is very important to me. “
Nadal hasn’t played in Wimbledon since 2019 after being forced to withdraw from the tournament due to a fight with his left foot last season. Nadal struggled for five years at Wimbledon, failing to reach a single quarterfinal between 2012 and 2017, and then reached the semifinals in a row in 2018 and 2019. He won the title in 2008 and 2010.
“I haven’t played at Wimbledon for three years and I’m excited. I don’t know what will happen in five days. I’m cautious, but what’s happened so far is hoping I can attend. . “
In addition to news of his possible presence in London, Nadal also confirmed that he and his wife, Maria Francisca Perero, were expecting their first child. The two, who have been together since they were young, got married in 2019.
“If all goes well, I’ll be a father,” Nadal said. “I have no experience, so I don’t know how that will affect me, but I don’t think paternity means a change in my professional life.”
Ryan Peniston’s amazing and fun breakout week at the Queens was in the sun on Friday afternoon as he lost to Filip Krajinović 4-6, 6-3, 6-3 in the quarterfinals of the ATP 500 event. it’s over.
After defeating Francisco Cerundolo, who ranked 5th and 46th in the world in his debut, to reach the first ATP quarterfinal, Peniston jumped out of the gate again and took the first set. However, in the process of three sets, the Serbs separated themselves in his quality all-court game, which marked him as a longtime top 100 player.
Peniston’s run followed a series of quarterfinals in Nottingham and Surbiton. This is the glass court sequence that pushed him from number 197 to the top of his new career, about 146th next week. The 26-year-old will play in Eastbourne next week and then make his Grand Slam main draw debut as a wildcard at Wimbledon.
In Birmingham, Katie Vaulter’s quarter-final run was stopped by efficient Simona Halep, who broke through the tight first set before completing a simple win, jumping over nine of the last ten games. I won 6-4, 6-1. Bolter, who won the world’s No. 35 Alison Riske in the opening round with the best career victory, will head to Eastbourne next.